Downtown Vaccination Clinics, North Omaha Church
(WOWT) – Below are today’s vaccination updates, as well as data reports on new cases and other COVID-19 statistics reported by health authorities in Nebraska and Iowa.
Keep scrolling to find helpful links and other information, including phone numbers to get help signing up for your vaccine.
Vaccination clinics in progress
The Vaccination Clinic, hosted by TotalWellness Health and the Metropolitan Community Church at 819 S. 22nd St., will take place on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There is also another vaccination clinic open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the New Life Presbyterian Church at 4060 Pratt Street. This Pfizer dosed clinic is part of the Douglas County Health Department’s partnership with the North Omaha Faith Community, DCHD said in a press release.
Do you have any questions about # COVID19 vaccines? We have answers. The fact is, COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective in preventing you from getting COVID-19. They are an important tool in protecting our families and getting back to our way of life. More: https://t.co/bKmffn4RYW. pic.twitter.com/UcWxmVKFyd
– CDC (@CDCgov) May 21, 2021
Federal Retail Pharmacy Program: Pharmacies in and near the Omaha subway area currently participating in the program include:
- Medicine Man Pharmacy, 15615 Pacific St. Suite 8, Omaha NE 668118
- Think Aksarben Pharmacy LLC, 710 W. Center Road, Omaha NE 68106
- ViaRx, 825 N. 90th St., Omaha NE 68114
- Walmart, 3010 E. 23rd St., Fremont NE 68025
Retail Pharmacy Vaccine Registrations: Baker’s | CVS | Hy-Vee | Kohlls | Kubat | Sam’s Club | Walmart
Douglas County’s COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics for Eligible Residents – including adolescents 12 years and older – are available at the following locations, accessible or by appointment:
- The CHI Immanuel Medical Center is located on 72nd Street and Sorensen Parkway.
- Methodist Health System, 720 N. 114th St.
- The Nebraska Medicine Testing & Vaccination Clinic is located on 144th Street and Millard Avenue.
- Creighton University’s Rasmussen Center is located at 702 N. 17th St.
- Douglas County Health Department Vaccination Site – South Omaha, 3505 L St. (former Hy-Vee location). The location replaces the clinic that was previously available in the Kroc Center. This place has been designated as a place for youth vaccinations. (Minors wishing to be vaccinated must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian to receive the shot.)
North Omaha churches
- Saturday, May 15: Get vaccinated at the Morning Star Baptist on Burdette St. 2019 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 18: Get vaccinated at the Trinity Lutheran Church at 6340 N. 30th St. from 4pm to 7pm
- Wednesday, May 19: Get vaccinated at the Salem Baptist Church Transit Clinic at 3131 Lake St. 4pm to 7pm.
- Thursday, May 20: Let yourself be pampered from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Pleasant Green Baptist Church at 5555 Larimore Ave. vaccinate
- Saturday, May 22nd: Get vaccinated at New Life Presbyterian Church, 4060 Pratt Street, from 11pm to 3pm
Vaccinations will also be distributed on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the Fort Omaha campus of Metropolitan Community College at 5300 N. 30th St. Appointments are made through the district’s vaccination register.
DOWNTOWN CLINIC: TotalWellness Health and the Metropolitan Community Church at 819 S. 22nd St. are hosting a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
CHURCH CLINIC: The Metropolitan Community Chuch of Omaha will host a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. No ID is required, but a parent or legal guardian must be present at the clinic with teenagers ages 12-18.
DRIVE-THROUGH YOUTH CLINIC: The children’s hospital opens a transit clinic where young people aged 12 to 16 receive their COVID-19 vaccinations. If you want to plan a vaccination there, you should call the pediatrician of your pediatrician. or call 402-955-SHOT. Appointments are available on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
STOCKYARDS PLAZA WALK-IN-KLINIK: COVID-19 vaccinations can be given – without an appointment – on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the clinic on the Stockyards Plaza on 35th and L. Street. Other clinics may also do walk-ins during the week if they are able to.
OVERALL WELLNESS: DCHD worked with Total Wellness on the 9320 H Court to set up a vaccination clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
VETERANS: All eligible veterans can visit the Omaha VA Medical Center’s COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics at the new Ambulatory Care Center from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Three rivers health district
- In Dodge County, the Three Rivers Fremont site is open for tours on Tuesdays from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- In Saunders County, the Three Rivers Clinic in Lake Wanahoo is open for tours on the first and third Mondays of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- In Washington County, the clinic at First Lutheran Church in Blair is open for tours on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
NEBRASKA VACCINE HOTLINE: Governor Pete Ricketts has asked Nebraskans to call 402-552-6645 or toll-free number 833-998-2275 for more information on the COVID-19 vaccination process in Nebraska. DO NOT call your local health department.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HELPLINE: Local COVID-19 information in Spanish and English is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day except bank holidays. Call 402-444-3400 for assistance.
TEST NEBRASKA HOTLINE: For answers about Test Nebraska tests, results, communications, etc. call 402-207-9377.
IOWA VACCINE HOTLINE: Older or homebound Iowans looking for help planning a COVID-19 vaccination appointment can call 1-866-468-7887 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or contact the Connections Area Agency on Aging at 712-328-2540 or 1-800-432-9209.
REFERENCE NOTE – 6 News pulls data from the Nebraska and Iowa COVID-19 dashboards at 6 p.m. daily. Other reports in this post come from official press releases from health departments and other agencies, as stated.
Vaccine Registration: Douglas County | Sarpy / Cass | Three rivers | Nebraska
Vaccine registrations for retail pharmacies: Hy-Vee | Walmart | Sam’s Club | Kohlls
Vaccine Dashboard: Nebraska | Iowa
Vaccine Information: Douglas County | Douglas County Clinics | Nebraska | Nebraska FAQ | Nebraska Timeline | Nebraska Phase 1A Levels | Nebraska Phase 1B Levels || Iowa | Pottawattamie County | Mills County | Fremont County
COVID-19 Dashboards: Douglas County | Sarpy County | Three Rivers Health District | Lancaster County | Nebraska | Iowa | Worldwide
School Dashboards: Omaha Public Schools | Millard Public Schools | Public schools in Bellevue | Westside Community Schools | Public schools in Gretna | Elkhorn Public Schools | Public Schools in Lincoln | UNL | Midland University
COVID-19 Risk Dial: Omaha-Douglas County | Lincoln-Lancaster County
WOWT.com Quick Find: COVID-19 | Coronavirus | vaccine
Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.