Omaha Mann does not advocate the murder of sex offenders
OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) – A man arrested in connection with a 2020 murder did not advocate a second degree murder Thursday.
James Fairbanks, 44, was originally charged with first degree murder on the death of Mattieo Condoluci, 64, in May 2020.
Mattieo spent 2.5 years in prison in 2006 for sexually assaulting a child in Sarpy County. He was previously convicted of attempted lewd or lascivious acts in Florida in 1994.
Douglas District Court Judge Russell Bowie III scheduled the sentencing for July 14, 2021. The Class 1B crime is sentenced to 20 years in prison. Nor did Fairbanks advocate owning a firearm while committing a crime that could result in sentences ranging from one to 50 years.
Fairbanks sent a letter to 6 News and other media outlets shortly after the murder. In it he said he “felt bad” seeing Condoluci watching neighborhood children and that the “messed up judicial system” would punish him more than the other who sexually assaulted a child. He left the area and was tracked down in Butler County.
Following Fairbank’s original court appearance following his arrest, 6 News learned that he had received assistance from strangers, other inmates, and Condoluci’s daughter. At the time, prosecutors said that while they sympathized with the victims of children, it was never a good idea to take justice into your own hands.
Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.