Police chief supports mayor, OPS bond program updates, Omaha Tribe finds wireless solution
04/15/21 • Nebraska Vaccine Data. • Nationwide Case Trends
Earth Day Omaha
With Earth Day on Saturday, several events are planned in the Omaha area, both virtual and in person.
Reed Moore’s daily rundown
Happy National Rubber Eraser Day
Everything in today’s news is a custodian: Police Chief Todd Schmaderer supports Mayor Jean Stothert for re-election, OPS announces new and renovated schools, and the Omaha tribe of Nebraska finds a solution to their internet needs.
Please visit TheReader.com for more information
- Todd Schmaderer, Omaha Police Chief, endorses Mayor Jean Stothert’s re-election offer, which appears at a press conference in uniform and not in uniform to show that he is not acting in an official capacity.
- Omaha Public Schools is offering updates on five schools that are part of the 2018 bond program. The construction of four new schools, including two high schools and two elementary schools, is on schedule despite the pandemic.
- A former US Postal Service employee in Omaha pleads guilty in federal court of stealing gift cards and cash totaling US $ 5,829 from 216 victims. If convicted in July, he faces up to five years in prison.
- The Nebraska GOP has attacked Senator Tony Vargas as a potential candidate for Omaha’s 2nd district seat in the US House of Representatives, calling him “the most liberal member of our state’s legislature”.
- Omaha’s annual free concert and fireworks show at Memorial Park will return later than usual on August 28 this year. The artists have not yet been announced. The date switch is not permanent as it will return to its usual date in July 2022.
Reed Moore’s things to do
Please see our Activities page for more information.
Best Food Trucks in Omaha:
- Schedule and location vary
- (402) 305-4888
If you’re looking for impeccable, quick-cooked Italian-American food in the Omaha area, keep an eye out for StreetSide Foods Premiere and Roaming Food Truck. This restaurant on wheels has been delighting hungry locals with dishes such as the Alfredo Burger and the classic Philly Cheese Steak since 2007. This culinary touch has been refined by four generations of excellence in the food industry.
You can keep up with the schedule for this family run food business on the StreetSide Foods Facebook page. You can take note of the menu specials and promotions on the website. If you need catering for your event, you can arrange it (if you live within 100 miles of Omaha) by contacting the company online or requesting more information.
The daily fun
Subscribe to the Reader newsletter
Our fantastic email newsletter briefing will tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on in Omaha. Delivered to your inbox at 11:00 a.m. every day.
Become a supporting member
Subscribe to thereader.com and become a support member to keep local news alive. We have to pay writers to read more. We won’t waste your time, our news will, as always, focus on the stories other media misses and a cultural community – from art to food to local independent businesses – that defines us. Please support your local news media by becoming a member today.