Southwest Omaha Apartment Cause of Fire Localized

Omaha Fire investigators say a fire in an apartment building northeast of 138th and Harrison Streets Tuesday night was inherently accidental, caused by careless disposal of smoking material.

Firefighters reported a large amount of smoke from the third floor balcony when they pulled up around 7:45 a.m.

The fire was limited to one unit and was brought under control in about 25 minutes.

The department says everyone left the building safely and no injuries were reported, although a dog was found dead in a third floor search.

Due to the freezing temperatures, numerous units were shot in the scene.

(Image from Omaha Fire Department)

Comments are closed.