The US Senior Open will be held at the Omaha Country Club with limited fans
(Omaha, NE) – A limited number of fans will be admitted to this summer’s US Senior Open, held at the Omaha Country Club.
On Wednesday, the United States Golf Association announced that 7,000 gallery tickets would be available each day of the Open. The championship is scheduled for July 5th to 11th. According to the USGA, the decision to allow a limited number of fans was made in coordination with the Nebraska Department of Health and the Douglas County Health Department.
“We are excited to offer a limited number of fans the opportunity to experience the world’s best senior golfers while ensuring the health and safety of all involved,” said Hank Thompson, senior director of the USGA’s US Senior Open Championship. “We continue to strive to provide a safe environment for all participants, including players, caddies, fans, volunteers, vendors and staff, during these challenging times.”
The USGA will work with state and local authorities to monitor health and safety from now until the week of the championship. The following policies and procedures apply to the 2021 US Senior Open:
- Before participating in the championship, fans, staff and volunteers must answer recommended questions about their health as per CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines.
- Face covering is required for all participants, including those who received the COVID-19 vaccine, and should be worn at all times. Face covers must be used on site (indoors and outdoors) and should only be lowered while actively eating or drinking.
- All fans, staff and volunteers are expected to maintain adequate social distance on site, including along the rope lines.
- Disinfection stations are located across the site to encourage frequent hand washing. Fans are allowed to bring their own disinfectants that match the list of prohibited items.
- To reduce touchpoints, the championship does not accept cash at concession or retail locations.
- Grandstand seats are not available on the property. All observations are made from the ground while observing the rope lines. Fans are encouraged to bring chairs;
- Consumption of food and drink is prohibited within 10 feet of the rope line. Face covering must always be worn within 10 feet of the rope line even when in possession of food and drink.
- The Goodman Club premium ticket offer is being canceled for health and safety reasons. All ticket holders will be reimbursed for the cost of the tickets and all fees associated with the purchase.
According to the USGA, COVID-related protocols may change based on the current status of the pandemic and recommended guidelines. All health and safety protocol updates will be updated on ussenioropen.com.
Tickets are available here.