Town of Omaha is on the lookout for a brand new lawyer
OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) – After the retirement of former prosecutor Paul Kratz, the position is now open.
The position of city attorney is a public service appointed by the mayor. The application deadline is January 29th.
The salary range is $ 178,068.80 with an annual increase to $ 208,811.20.
“This is an extremely important position that affects the day-to-day running of the city,” said Mayor Jean Stothert. “We expect a competitive application process and will select the candidate who best represents the city and our taxpayers.”
The requirements are:
- Must have a Juris PhD
- 10 years of legal experience including legal research and work experience
- Must be licensed in the Nebraska Bar Association
- Must have experience in human resource management
The job description of the job states that the prosecutor is responsible for:
- Planning, monitoring and participating in all legal services provided to the mayor, city council, department heads and administrative and court-like bodies
- Supervising the preparation and presentation of all criminal and civil cases in court
- Submission of opinions and advice to election and nomination officers and committees on legal issues as well as investigation and disposition of claims for and against the city
The prosecutor will oversee a staff of over 30 people, including 24 city lawyers and law enforcement agencies.
Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.